The following items are prohibited while taking a test administered by ACS. In addition to the following items, ACS reserves the right to exclude other items as appropriate.
- Books, dictionaries, and notes/papers of any kind, unless previously authorized
- Language translators and spell checkers
- Calculators, unless previously authorized
- Watches and timers of any kind
- Mechanical pencils, mechanical erasers and erasers with sleeves
- Highlighters, ink pens, felt-tip markers, colored pens or pencils, and correction fluid/tape
- Earplugs, ear muffs, and headphones of any kind
- Hats and other head coverings, except those for religious purposes
- Sunglasses and any reading/sunglass cases and sleeves
- Listening devices (including Bluetooth)
- Cellular phones and paging devices (beepers)
- Electronic tablets and personal computers
- Recording or photographic devices and other aids
- Any electronic device listed above or not, should be notified to the proctor and subject to inspection and approval
- Tobacco or tobacco products (in any form), alcoholic beverages, illicit drugs, and any other substance, including e-cigarette devices and paraphernalia of any kind
- Firearms and weapons of any kind, as per College and State policy
- All beverages (including water bottles)
- Briefcases, purses, handbags, backpacks, and bags of any kind
- The use of any medical device, such as an asthma inhaler or insulin pump, within the examination room will be inspected by the testing center staff prior to entering the testing room.
- Any item not allowed in the testing room must be stored inside a locker, or kept in a designated area until the end of the testing session. Weapons cannot be stored inside a testing locker.
- The testing center is not responsible for items left in a testing locker.