The EKG Technician Certification program is designed to produce multi-skilled medical laboratory technicians whose primary responsibility is to take routing EKG and analyze basic EKG. At ACS, the objective of the program is to prepare the student to apply for entry-level EKG Technician positions. The program is aimed at providing the students with basic knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology of infection control, analyzing EKG strips, operating the EKG machine, understanding and distinguishing numerous kinds of arrhythmias, and recognizing myocardial infarction changes.
EKG Technician Profession: Highly In-Demand
EKG technicians are highly in-demand! EKG experts work in hospitals, physician’s offices, clinics, and other healthcare facilities and associations. These technicians also work for insurance companies to provide data for health and life insurance policies. They likewise work for insurance agencies to give information on health and life insurance strategies. The EKG as a profession is gaining popularity day by day. Approximately 25% more professional employments will be available in the domain by 2018.
Detailed Course Topics Covered
- Role of the Technician
- Holter monitoring and the echocardiogram
- Function of the Department in a variety of settings (hospital, clinic, office, mobile service)
- Identification of rhythms using the 12-lead
- Medical terminology related to electrocardiography
- Care and safety of patients including medical and legal aspects of patient care
- Anatomy and physiology of the cardiovascular system
- Strip analysis (P,Q,R,S,T wave-form interpretation)
- Troubleshooting and recognizing artifacts
- Waves and measurements
- Electrophysiology, the conduction system of the heart, and the cardiac cycle
- Basic interpretation of normal rhythms and arrhythmias
- Lead placement for 12-lead electrocardiography
- Circulation of blood through the heart and vessels
ACS offers highly interactive EKG technician courses at its Manhattan location in New York which is easily approachable by trains and buses. These courses are highly comprehensive and offer candidates with an enhanced learning experience. The main motive of these courses is to make your skills excel in the professional healthcare environment. In addition, these courses involve access to an online community with creative content and healthy student services.
Each course comprises of the following services:
- Highly-qualified instructors with industry experience
- 24/7 instructor help and course mentoring
- Student and instructor collaboration
- Online healthcare content that supplements each course
- Student pre- and post-assessments and online performance tracking
- Interactive labs, course videos, student exercises and animated simulations
Why choose ACS.edu?
We are located in one of the most convenient locations of Manhattan in New York and offer the EKG Technician Training program that can help you make a strong career start. This result-oriented training program is available in flexible schedules to ensure you get the power to pick a time that best fits your preferences.
Salient features of ACS’s EKG technician training program
- Well-planned location, easily accessible by buses and trains
- Carefully-designed curriculum
- State-of-the-art infrastructure
- Qualified instructors
- Flexible class schedules
Course Hour : 60
Course Prerequisite : HS Diploma or Equivalent
This course does not include anything else but the course itself (so exam, registration, book fees are not included)
I. Introduction to EKG / Phlebotomy
- A. Medical Terminology
- B. Human Anatomy and Physiology
- C. Medical Law and Ethics
- D. Asepsis and Infection Control
II. Introduction to EKG
- A. Anatomy & Electrophysiology of the Heart
- B. The Electrocardiogram
- Displays & Print-outs
- Components of normal adult EKG
- EKG Machines
- 12-Lead EKG*
- C. Basic Rhythm Identification and possible Disease States
III. Applied EKG
- A. Review Heart Disease states and cardiac arrhythmias
- B. Analyzing the EKG
- Interpretations of advance arrhythmias, hypertrophies, cardiac ischemia and myocardial infarction
- C. Review of Cardiac Pharmacology and effects on EKG
IV. Advanced EKG
- A. Overview of cardiac stress testing, artificial pacemaker evaluation,
- B. Overview of 24 hour Holter monitoring, advanced cardiac arrhythmia recognition and telemetry monitoring
V. Career development for the EKG
VI. National Certification examination review
*Each student will perform 5 EKG Prior to Graduation
- Why isn’t there a start and end date listed?
We don’t show it because we start courses based on the amount of demands for each course. If there’s a course you are interested in applying, please give us a call and tell us an estimate of a start date you’ll like (does not necessarily mean we will start it on that day).
- Could classes be canceled?
We have a minimum requirement of 5 students for each course. If a class happens to not have reached that minimum amount, it could be canceled before it begins or during.
- What happens if it got canceled?
We will refund back your money based on the time you have spent with us. If it gets canceled before it starts we will refund back 100% of your money.